Malvani Mutton Curry - Recipe
Malvani Mutton Curry
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 50mins – 1 hr
We do not believe in pressure cooking our mutton. Always cook your meats on slow flame. The final result will be worth it, we promise.
Serves: 4-6 people
Ingredients Of Malvani Mutton Curry
- 500 gms mutton (with bones)
- 250 gms onion,
- finely grated half coconut (dry)
- 2 tsp khus khus
- 2 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp tikhat (red chilli spice)
- 2 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Spice Cellar Malvani Masala
- 2 Tbsp Spice Cellar Meat Masala
- 1/2 Tbsp fried garlic
- 1 Tbsp onion paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp hing
- salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in a heavy based casserole.
- Add turmeric, hing and ginger-garlic paste. Add half of the chopped onions and saute till transparent.
- Add the meat and saute for 10 minutes. Then add the masala and salt - fry for further 5 minutes.
- Stir the meat well till all the water evaporates. Add more water and let it boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, reduce the flame, cover the meat and let it cook.
- Fry the remaining onions till they turn dark brown.
- Dry-roast the coconut. Then run it through a grinder while you add til and khus khus. Add this mix to the meat curry.
- Serve it with mutton pulao , pandra rassa , mutton suke , vada or bajra or jowar bhakhri.